Tuesday 25 April 2017

Evaluation question 1:

In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


In my front cover, I used the image of a paint splatter to create a background for my text to ensure it was visible. It is unconventional in normal magazines and publishers seem to have fine edges on each border they make. I believed that the graffiti splatter was a great addition to the front cover as a lot of teenagers and young adults from my experience find solace in art and their art is graffiti. Furthermore, in my magazine, Grime is portrayed as an art rather than any genre of music, allowing for these two conventions to link. Moreover, the magazines I saw online used a lot of yellow as it seems to stand out, especially on colours like black. In addition tot his, I ensured the name 'Rozay' was made bigger than most of the text except the masthead. This was done to make sure that the reader understands who the feature is.

In my contents page, I made sure that all the headings and descriptions were made different sizes (small description, large heading) so that the reader knows that each section is on what page and is about that certain topic. Also, the model is keeping eye contact which allows for a real experience as it seems that the model is actually looking at the reader and speaking to him/her. This is seen in a lot of magazine contents pages, even the ones I previously spoke about in my past research.

I used a simple layout for my double page spread which I made using real media text which I found on Google as inspiration. I wanted to keep a simple structured double page spread as if there are a lot of pictures on a page with writing, it can get confusing. The structure consisted of one large image covering the whole background alongside three lines of text in which I placed my interview. I used an interview as opposed to just an article as from reading real media texts, I felt that an interview promote a stronger connection between the reader and the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment